[This content is not available in "Englisch" yet] Emmy Noether-Programm
The Emmy Noether Programme gives exceptionally qualified early career researchers the chance to qualify for the post of professor at a university by leading an independent junior research group for a period of six years.
The programme is open to postdocs and junior professors with temporary contracts who are at an early stage in their research careers. Holders of a junior professorship with a positive interim evaluation are no longer included in the target group for this programme, and are not eligible to submit proposals or receive funding.
To give highly qualified researchers the opportunity to satisfy the prerequisites for appointment as a university professor by leading an independent junior research group and performing relevant teaching duties
To attract outstanding early career researchers (back) to Germany from abroad
Early career researchers in all disciplines, normally up to 4 years after completion of the doctorate
- Normally at least two years of postdoctoral experience
- Substantial international research experience
- Applicants from abroad are expected to continue their research careers in Germany after the funding comes to an end.
A written letter of intent must be attached to the proposal.
- The ENP is not open to those who have already satisfied the requirements for a professorship, in particular those who have completed or are about to embark on the habilitation process, as the funding objective has already been achieved in these cases.
- An individual is not eligible if they are in receipt of a type of funding similar to the ENP for an independent (junior) research group from a national research institution, programmes offered by the federal and state governments, or an international institution located in Germany.