Nobel Prize in Physics: Prof. Dr. Peter Andreas Grünberg, Adjunct Professor (2007)
Nobel Prize in Chemistry: Herr Prof. Dr. Kurt Alder, Chair in Chemistry (1950)
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz-Preis
ERC - Starting Grant
Project: Nonequilibrium Terahertz Dynamics of Interacting Quantum Spins: from Novel Driven States towards Coherent…
Project: The mechanical evolution from biting-chewing to piercing-sucking in insects
Project: An Exascale Aware and Un-crashable Space-Time-Adaptive Discontinuous Spectral Element Solver for Non-Linear…
Project: Mediation of stem cell identity and aging by proteostasis
Project: The radiative interstellar medium
Project: Automorphic q-series and their application
ERC - Consolidator Grant
Prof. Dr. Kathrin Bringmann, Department of Mathematics/Computer Science, Mathematics Division, receives an ERC Consolidator Grant (2020)
Project: (Mock) Modular Forms are Everywhere (ModEv)
Project: Many-body physics and superconductivity in 2D materials
Project: Many-Body Physics with Driven Open Quantum Systems of Atoms, Light and Solids
Project: De- and reconstructing virulence strategies of fungal plant pathogens
Project: Using cis-regulatory mutations to highlight polygenic adaptation in natural plant systems
Project: Global Dynamics of Proteolytic Quality Control Networks in Stress Response and Aging
ERC - Advanced Grant
Topic: Molecular Spectra of Missing Ions in the Laboratory and in Space
topic: Searching and Characterising Extraterrestrial Subsurface Oceans
Project: Necroptosis in immunity, inflammation and autoimmunity induced by nucleic acid sensors.
Project: Majorana Fermions in Topological Insulator Platforms
Project: The Making of the Earth – Reading the Geochemical Code from Meteorites and the Earth’s Oldest Rocks
- Mr. Robert Sabelfeld receives for his master thesis "Cohousing: A Suitable Strategy for Ageing in Place? Lessons Learnt from Bonn, Germany" the NRW.BANK.Study Award "Housing and City".
- Dr. Stephan Kneifel, Institute for Geophysics and Meteorology, will be awarded the Max Delbrück Prize for Young Scientists 2020
- Prof. Dr. Achim Rosch, Institute for Theoretical Physics, will be awarded the Max Delbrück Prize 2020.
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Crewell, Institute for Geophysics and Meteorology, will be awarded the Max Delbrück Prize 2020.
- Der Jenny Gusyk „INNOVATIONSPREIS“ 2020 ging an Sabine Graf ,I. Physikalisches Institut, für die physikalischen Schnupperpraktika.
- The UzK working group for the civil clause movement was awarded the "Friedrich Siegmund-Schultze-Förderpreis für gewaltfreies Handeln" (Protestant Peace Prize) in Leipzig.
- Dr. Alexander Blanke, Prof. Dr. Kei Ito and Prof. Dr. Ansgar Büschges, Institute of Zoology, were awarded the NeuroNe.
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Meerholz, Physikalische Chemie, got a new Graduationcollege in Cooperation with the University of Bonn (Template-Designed Organic Electronics (TiDE) – Understanding Transport by Trans
- Herr Prof. Dr. Thorsten Hoppe, Institut of Genetics, elected as a new member of the EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization)
- Prof. Theo Pagel, Inst f. Zoology, was appointed head of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) for two years.
- Prof. Dr. Albrecht Berkessel, Institute of Organic Chemistry, was awarded the Horst-Pracejus-Prize 2019 of the GDCh.
- Prof. Dr. Jens Claus Brüning: Carl-Friedrich-von-Weizsäcker-Prize 2018 (Stifterverband und Leopoldina)
- Prof. Dr. Sanjay Mathur, Institute of Anorganic Chemistry: International Fellowship Award, RMIT Melbourne, Australia (2018)
- The project 'Multi-site plasticity to support parallel memories in a recurrent network model of the mushroom body', led by Prof. Dr. Martin Nawrot, is funded by the DFG FOR 2705 research group for a period of 3 years.
- The BMBF is funding the project "Heterogeneity and Inclusion - Shaping the Future - Teacher Education Strategy" for a further five years. Prof. Bresges, Prof. Schwank and Dr. Wiktorin are in charge of three out of four fields.
- Dr. Clemens Prescher, Institute for Geology and Mineralogy, was awarded the Max Delbrück Prize 2018 for young scientists.
- The Collaborative Research Centre 806 'Our Way to Europe' of the Universities of Cologne, Bonn and Aachen is funded by the German Research Foundation for another research period until 2021.
- Dr.'in Sabrina Disch, Institute for Physical Chemistry/QM2, was awarded the Max Delbrück Prize 2017 for Young Scientists
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Langer, Institute of Genetics/CECAD, received the Max Dellbrück Prize 2017
- Prof. Dr. Ulf-Ingo Flügge, Botanical Institute, qwas granted the University Prize 2016.
- PD Dr. Dirk Blunk and Dr. R. D. M. Meisenheimer, Institute of Organic Chemistry, won the university competition ZukunftErfindenNRW in the category Engineering and Applied Natural Sciences.
- PD Dr. Patrick Fink, Institute of Zoology, currently on leave of absence to represent the Chair of Zoology at the Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf, has won the Teaching Award 2016 of the Heinrich-Heine University.
- Prof. Dr. Stephan Schlemmer, I. Physikalisches Institut, was awarded the Gay-Lussac Humboldt Prize 2015.
- Thomas Kerl, Organic Chemistry, was awarded the special prize for teaching in human medicine.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences was awarded the Jenny Gusyk Innovation Prize 2015 for its sustainable increase in the proportion of women to W2/W3 professorships.
- Prof. George Marinescu was awarded the Research Prize 2014 "Simion Stoilow" of the Romanian Academy of Sciences.
- Dr. Semyon Klevtsov (Mathematical Institute) was awarded the Max Delbrück Prize for Young Scientists.
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Grüneis was granted the Austrian START Prize 2014
- Prof. Dr. Günter Schwarz receives the Jenny Gusyk Award 2014 in the category "Innovation*.
- PD Dr. Silvia Gruhn, Zoological Institute, was awarded the Heinz Maier-Leibnitz-Prize 2014
- Prof. Dr. Klaus Meerholz, Department of Chemistry, is awarded the Max Delbrück Prize for Outstanding Scientists (ERSP)
- Dr. Max Engel, Department of Geosciences, receives the Max Delbrück Prize for outstanding young scientists (ERSP)
- Prof. Dr. Reinhard Strey, Institute for Physical Chemistry, was awarded the Theodor Steinkopff Prize of the Colloid Society.
- Prof. Dr. Jens Brüning, Institute of Genetics, was awarded the Outstanding Scientific Achievement Award of the American Diabetes Association.